Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I don't have too many photos of Thanksgiving this year, mostly because... Instead of overeating & taking a walk down to the golf course we were instead dealing with some really sad news.

My grannie had been in the hospital all week dealing with an infection so we all took turns going to visit her. I gave her some of the lemon meringue pie that I made which seemed to make her smile a bit. She's really not too well these days and we all are hoping for some recovery & relief for her.


The really sad news came when we arrived at grannie's house, Larry (my uncle) had passed away after having a sudden heart attack that morning. We are all very, very sad for Clinton, Stacey and Ivy especially and will miss him very much. Here's a photo of their wedding last year, I'm so glad Larry was still here for it (he's the one in the tan suit on the left).


Here's the only photo I managed of the thanksgiving activities. The kids playing on Gran's piano - such a hard day.

2 Comments:

At 12/2/08, 10:19 AM, Blogger Jeannie Sougnez said...

What a nice tribute to Larry...thank you Carrie. On a good note, Mom is doing much better...we all went in last night to tell her about Larry...it was very difficult...but she's "grasping" the reality. We think she'll be coming home soon.

 
At 12/3/08, 9:28 PM, Blogger Andrea Love said...

Oh Carrie, so sorry to hear about your Uncle, and your Grandmother...my prayers are with you and your family, and hope your Grandmother is doing better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home