Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 21, 2007

Abby Sausage



Here's my little girl all swaddled up. I should buy stock in this company kiddopotamus. They make the 'swaddle me' blanket that is basicly like a baby straight jacket. I put two of these on abby every night, a small one and a bigger one. The blanket velcros around the babys abdomen to keep their arms at their side. I hear this gives them that 'tight' sensation that they were used to in the womb. She seems to like it, and usually calms down for a nap or bedtime when I put her in it. It's funny I think I would hate being so confined but I guess babies are different. I'd like to get her to sleep without it so I tried a sleep sack for a nap the other day. She woke up after like 20 minutes, probably the first time she moved - realized her arms were free and was like 'this isn't right, I better wake up and complain about it'.

Abby's antics change all the time. I notice somthing new pretty much every week. First it was the baby babbling which is so cute. She loves to use her voice now and responds when you talk to her and smile. Then I noticed her doing 'leg aerobics' and sucking on her own hands (instead of the pacifier). She grabs at toys now too, and has even realized that this one particular toy makes a noise that she likes. It is one of those plush toys with a piece of cellophane inside that makes a crinkly noise. Last night I was holding her and showing her how the toy make that noise. Then she started swatting at it and was all smiles when she realized that she can make the noise too :-)

Well thats it for now, off to work.

1 Comments:

At 5/21/07, 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah so cute
i remember when aidan liked those crinkly toys.
check out the rayshade by kiddopotumus as well (it is a sunshade for a stroller) i love it!!!
Abby is so weet!!
Love Jess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home