Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 01, 2008

Miskell Mayhem

Just thought I would post a bit more about the Miskell visit up north. It was really nice to hang out again with the Miskell cousins. I can't believe how grown up they are all getting. Don't I sound like an old spinster aunt saying that ;)??? But seriously, Sinead is a teenager now and taking a 'transistion year' to travel, Jeff is driving, Sam and Rachel are in Jr high and Brittney has a boyfriend!!

Here are the Miskell kids during the pool contest series. I was playing judge to the various diving contests being proposed (highest dive, funniest dive, biggest splash etc ;)).


The kids were taken with Abby, she was the only baby up there and had all of their attention.



This is the pre-dinner activity at JP's condo. Was pretty hectic but fun at the same time.


We did a lot of waterskiing and tubing out on Pepe's boat. I gotta say, I just love waterskiing, so fun! It has all of the elements I like in a sport, it is outdoors, a bit challenging (i/e you have to work at it), & it is a great adrenalin rush (being pulled behind a speed boat at 3o mph will do that ;). Almost all the miskell teenagers are getting up on 2 skis now as well. We started them just a few years back and its great to see them all improve every year.




We did get to go on one hike up and over the Moat Mountains and ending at the top of Cathedral Ledge. My dad and Earl Sr. went too but then turned back after one peak :).


Here's the view of the climbing route called 'The Prow' on Cathedral Ledge. I can't wait to get out climbing again!

1 Comments:

At 8/21/08, 7:12 PM, Blogger Jeannie Sougnez said...

Hi Carrie...I'm here with "Dad" and he wants to correct this story...you'll need to print a "retraction".....Dad and Earl Sr. did complete South and Middle peaks...and almost to the North Peak. They are great climbers....Love you too!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home