Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Garden in the Woods

We met up with the Cibulskis's today at Garden in the Woods. It is a botanical garden with these giant insect sculptures & a guided nature walk. Abby, Emma and Jack were pretty into it and enjoying being able to roam free for the morning. My favorite sculpture was the praying mantis although the dragonflies in the pond came in a close second.

Last week as I was having a coffee at work I realized that the summer is almost over and in general lately that time flies. It seemed like just last week I was waiting for it to get warm enough to wear shorts and now it's almost September. We only have a few weeks left for warm weather activities like afternoon climbing & swimming. I don't get too sad though because with the going of the warm weather comes other fun things to look forward to. I always love the New England fall foliage, Halloween, Christmas & snowboarding (yay :)).

“And Summers and Winters scattered like splinters And four or five years slipped away”
-Jimmy Buffet







2 Comments:

At 8/25/08, 4:53 AM, Blogger Jeannie Sougnez said...

Love these photographs Carrie and Tighe...I'd love to go there too someday....it must be beautiful in the Fall too...all is well..it's been a busy Summer for sure....

 
At 8/25/08, 4:53 AM, Blogger Jeannie Sougnez said...

Love these photographs Carrie and Tighe...I'd love to go there too someday....it must be beautiful in the Fall too...all is well..it's been a busy Summer for sure....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home