Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 18, 2007

I ordered a baby


Ring....... Ring.......

Thank you for calling the Baby.com customer service line. Please listen carefully to the following menu as our options may have changed. For quality assurance purposes this call may be recorded

If you would like to place an order for a baby please press 1
If you need assistance with an internet order please press 2
If you would like to check the status of your order please press 3
For all other inquiries please press 4 or hold on the line for the next baby.com customer service representative.

ME: 3--------

Please enter your 8 digit account number after the tone:

ME: 02182007

Please hold while we transfer your call to the delayed shipping department.

Shipping department.......... can I help you ? (imagine the overly nasal sounding voice here :-))

ME: Yes thank you, It seems something is delayed with my order for a Baby to be delivered today. I have not yet recieved my package.

Baby.com: Yes I see that your package is overdue. Your baby is on backorder.

ME: BACKORDER!!!!????? Um, I ordered this baby 40 weeks ago.... how can it be on back order????

Baby.com: You have ordered a very popular model, the Sougnez-Hawkins_Girl.01 model - the healthy, happy, smiling all the time, never crying model with bonus future happy teenager module installed. Several other women are also waiting for thier super babies. Oh - I see you also opted for the 40+ week pregnancy, so officially your delivery is not delayed.

ME: Ok... can you give me an estimated ship date?

Baby.com: Sorry my records at this time do not allow me to provide any additional information. Thank you for calling.

Dial Tone.... ehhhhhhhhhhhh.

He He :-)
Yep - Today is my due day and Yep, I'm still pregnant. All of those online pregnancy calendars end at 40 weeks because they figure the baby will be here by now. Come to find out as much as 20% of first time babies are late to arrive. Ugh, why am I always in the annoying symptom minority? I have to say it is getting frustrating to continue waiting with no signs that the baby will arrive anytime soon. At least I can laugh about it :-). I came up with the little dialog above last night when I was awake with the usual late pregnancy discomforts.

Anyway - on to continued waiting. I see the dr again tuesday and she said we could discuss some 'intervention' options then if I still have not gone into labor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home