Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 25, 2005

Summer Days Drifting Away

Just spent the last four days Wed - Sat up at a place that my parents rented in Naples, Maine. They had a place on Brandy Pond up in the Sebago lakes region. Everytime I go to Maine, be it Ogonquit for the Beach, Acadia for the Mountains or now Naples for the lake I really do buy into the Maine slogan 'The way life should be'. Mom, Dad, Kathy, Brian, and Lance were there as well as Kim and her kids for the first few days. Then came the irish folks (JP, Nick, Sinead, Connor, Rachel) and the Sires (Theresa, Sam, Jeff, Earl Sr & Jr). It was a rare treat to be lazing away on a lake for three days surrounded by great company. I just love it every summer visiting with my cousins who I don't see as often as I would like.

Jeffrey Sougnez (my dad) is becoming an accomplished captain and picking up the subtle art that is driving the boat while whipping around kids on a tube or me on Skiis while not hitting any other boats or hidden rocks under the lake. Jeannie Sougnez (my mom) was playing the part of a doting grandmother to a T. We are all so happy to see Lance doing so well and Kathy looking to happy to be with her little son.

All in all I had a great time. I even managed to get enough sun exposure so that I don't look like I've been living like a hobbit anymore.

Ok thats enough for now. Enjoy the photos of our Maine vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home